Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The City



Ever since Van was little we would refer to Salt Lake as "the city". He could recognize when we were near "the city" and he knew what we meant when we said "we're going to go to the city". He is always excited to go, no matter what the trip entails. Last weekend we needed to return a few items, so we headed down to the gateway. To get the kids excited about going we told them we would ride trax while we were down there. It was fun, Van likes to stand in the middle where the cars connect so he can turn as we go around corners. Finn just likes being on the train - although he is starting to understand there is a difference in the types of trains: I can not verbalize in words the way he says front runner, but it is so cute, he also knows about the train at the zoo and all things things we see on that train. And now Trax is also in his train data base. I have always known I love spending time with my kids, but sometimes the struggles out way the fun times. Lately when I am out doing things with friends or I am away from my kids for a time, I get anxious to spend time with them. They really are the funniest to be around.

No comments: