Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My new favorite thing

Van is LOVING reading, he wants to read books to himself, he wants to have books read to him, and he wants to read to Finn each night before bed. He is such a good big brother - the first night he read to Finn before bed was the cutest thing I have ever seen. They read and finished a book, then Van says "OK Finn, lets say a prayer" They then got on the floor to pray, it was so sweet. Of course I did not have my camera out and ready, so this is a partial replay of the new nightly reading ritual.

3 comments:

ShazBraz said...

so cute!

Kristi said...

That is very cute. It is cute that both of them want to participate. Sometimes little Spencer will try to gather the kids to read to them but they are too interested in playing. They are cute brothers to each other. I love it!

Maryquilter said...

I wish I had been a fly on the wall to observe that. We are so tickled that Van loves to read since we love it too and it will broaden his world throughout his life. It is fabulous that Finn will sit still with Van and let Van read to him; hope that becomes a habit too. Of coarse ending with a prayer was darling. Someone has obviously been setting a good example for him at home-- you are the best Mom.