Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dear Santa

I just have to write to you and say my son wrote you a letter last night. Man, was it a task. He was so stressed about what to write and how it looked on the paper. He started writing and then got distracted by drawing a snake, or something. When we were done, I told him I would take it and mail it to you, he FREAKED out telling me you would not want a letter that looked like that - with all the scribble marks and stuff. I assured him you would love it, I even tried to have him email it to you. He told me you don't have a computer. He wrote all of it by himself and I was very proud of him. Please bring him the bike he asked for, so he will understand that it is OK if things aren't perfect. Do you think I have anything to do with his reaction? I hope not.
Thanks Santa - you are the best.
Van's mom

8 comments:

Buchanan Fam said...

You're such a cute mom

Kristi said...

That is so funny. That sounds so much like an anal retentive Charles thing. I have had attacks of perfectionism in my youth. I remember having an emotional break down in Mrs. Memmott's first grade class because I couldn't quite get my 'e' right.
I didn't know that Santa doesn't have a computer. That is good to know.
A bike huh? That is very do-able. Spencer wrote a note to Santa yesterday and wrote that he wants a "super hero jet," then he wanted me to insert the word "real" in front of "Super". Where does one find a "real super hero jet." I don't think there are toy super hero jets even. What do you do when your child makes up a toy and then requests it? You just buy him clothes right?

Morris Family said...

Kids are just the cutest things ever and I just love their sweet innocense(sp). Writing to Santa in our household is a task as well. It is fun when they can start writing them on there own.
love ali

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it wasn't Aaron writing the note.

s day @ sdayrunning.blogspot.com said...

SOOOOOO acting like Aaron! Hilarious!

Melissa said...

Ha Ha. You need to scan the santa note in so we can see it.

The Watty's said...

You are the best mom! I love you!

PVC said...

That is very funny. I have seen Van strive for perfection and it does appear to be a genetic trait. Thanks for sharing the letter attempt. Very funny.
p.s. What is with the "Y" on Kristi's reply. Let me remind her and anyone reading this that she AND her husband are University of UTAH Graduates!!!!