Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

This is the first mother's day that feels like a true mother's day. Up until now it has been more of a husband treat your wife nice day. Van came into my bedroom at 7:00am to give me the gift that was prepared at school. He was so excited for me to open it, when I was done opening he said "I want to bring you breakfast in bed" I told him I didn't want to get cereal and milk all over the bed, and I would like to have all of us sit down at the table together. As I was getting up and getting cereal taken care of Van came in to tell me he had prepared a menu for tonights dinner, and that it was a surprise. He was just so sincere and cute in all his mother's day tactics, I really did feel appreciated. When it came time for dinner, I selected some items from the menu, and he served me dinner.
He is very excited to do the same for father's day.
Thanks Van for making mother's day so special, I love you.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Soooo sweet, Happy Mother's Day!

w.v. phyptipo

Koch Clan said...

That is so sweet. Gabe is the same way. It is nice when the kids are older and understand that it is a special day and they try to do nice things. We need to get together soon!

Kristi said...

Cute. Mine was a husband being extra nice to his wife thing.
In fact, Luke told me, "Mom, I love Dad," as if he was asked to choose between us and I lost.
I did get some tasty crepes for breakfast. Maybe we can make some when you come.
Happy Mother's Day!

s day @ sdayrunning.blogspot.com said...

So stinking cute!!!!! I love your boys so much! I can't wait for them to have a new little cousin to gush over!