Thursday, February 25, 2010

Treadmill


This year for Christmas, I used my money plus some other saved fundage to buy a treadmill. It is my new favorite thing. Reason #1 I don't have to pay for my gym membership anymore (which I didn't use because I hated leaving my warm house in the early morning to get in my cold car), reason #2 I started a training program www.coolrunning.com couch to 5k program. I have always tried and wanted to run and entire 5k (3.1 miles), I've come close but not quite. This week I am on my 5th week of training - I have run my first 20 minute full run. I did it and was so excited! I have found the training schedule has not been as difficult as I thought, it is actually refreshing.
Yea, for me.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay for you is right! Running is not my thing so I really admire people that do it. I bet you feel great, I love when I workout regularly. Keep it up!

scedan

Steve Barton said...

YEA for you! You look FABULOUS on your treadmill. Tell me when you race and I will be there to cheer you on! I am proud of you.
Love you.
mom
enesse

Koch Clan said...

That is awesome! We have one too but now I go to the gym because the childcare is free when I workout so the kids aren't bothering me while I run! Way to go with the 20 minutes. I know you can do a 5k. Running can be a bit addicitive. Soon you will be doing 10k's and then half marathons!