Thursday, October 28, 2010

A ya

Van has shown an interest in Karate. We have discussed it is not a sport you get to run and goof around while in session. This is a little clip of his first trial run - part of the reason we have decided to put Van into karate is because of his overexcited personality that keeps him from staying focused at school. It has been less than 24 hours and I have already seen him trying to have the mind of a karate kid. This karate school I took him to has 3 rules (sweet, sweet rules):

1. Obey your parents

2. Keep your room clean

3. No fighting

What more could you ask for?

5 comments:

s day @ sdayrunning.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh. I'm crying while watching that video for some reason! Van is SO grown up and SO adorable in his little uniform!!!! I think Karate is PERFECT for him :) He's so great at it already!!!! What totally awesome parents you are.

Grandma Patti said...

How very cute! He looks like he is concentrating so hard. I love it.

Kristi said...

Whoa, I totally dig the rules. We watched the Jackie Chan Karate Kid this weekend. Little Spencer is convinced that he knows karate now. I can't wait for Van to serve him some humble pie. Do you object to Van showing us his skills next time we see you guys?

Maryquilter said...

I am LOVING IT. What a deja vu experience. When Aaron was in 1st or 2nd grade he was getting bullied and he and I together took a Karate class in Centerville. We both enjoyed it and it was a bonding experience for me. Your video is like watching Aaron all over again. The rules are great and helping him to focus his energies and to know that it is not to be used to bully others. Let us know when he takes his lessons.

Melissa said...

Oh I love it! He is so dang cute and growing up! Those rules are a mom's dream!

w.v. drellyt