Saturday, November 27, 2010

10 down, 13.1 to go

Today was the last long run I did before my 13.1 mile race next weekend. All went well, except for the nasty cold weather, my training schedule says I should be able to go the whole 13.1 with out any problems. For those of you who keep saying "how do you even get to a point where you can run 10 miles?" Here is the site I used, loved, and will use again www.halhigdon.com it is a 12 week program that incorporates running, strength training, and stretching - LOVED IT!
AND I finally feel like I can call myself a runner with having a half marathon under my belt, and one planned for the future.

4 comments:

GSilverPilot said...

So very proud of you Kim, Gary

Maryquilter said...

You are my idol; set a challenging goal and run, full force to achieve it! We are cheering you on. Wondered if you would post about Van's new Frankenstein head?

Grandma Patti said...

I am very, very proud of you.

Good Luck in your race.

Be safe and run like the wind!

I love you.
mom

Kristi said...

Wow, I didn't know you were training for a race. When is it? That is a daunting distance, yet you are ready to go. Good job!