Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I can't even stand it

As my boys grow older they have new things that make me want to cry. I remember crying when Van started sounding out words when he was 4 almost 5. I remember watching Finn go from hardly any talking to jabber jaws. Now as they continue to make progress in every way possible, tears are leaking out of my eyes regularly.
Van is learning to roll with the punches (his wining has been happening less and less - not gone yet, but less). I can see Finn growing in all the ways he needs to, striving to be ready for kindergarten next year.
This week has been a lot of craziness with kids going here and there, being picked up by Shannon, and Aaron while mom gets to stay late and school and tend to her other kids.
Tonight I came home to a fantastic inventive surprise. Van created a potion for me to see. Not only that but he included (in his new journal from the book fair) the recipe for this secret potion. Once again the tears are streaming -
I truly can not stand how cute and ... there are no words for how much I love being their mom!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

That really is cute. I am glad you can capture those sweet moments. Your boys are great.

s day @ sdayrunning.blogspot.com said...

I freaking cry too every time I see your adorable babies. I love them to death! And I had a blast hanging out with them yesterday. It made me realize how much I want more than one child. You have two of the sweetest boys ever.

Grandma Patti said...

How very cute and sweet. They are both such cuties. I am so glad you are capturing these precious moments. I cry everytime I hear the song that says "you're gonna miss this". It is so true. Charish EVERY moment. Pretty soon you will be crying while you read the posts on their blog!
I love you
mom

Maryquilter said...

Oh my gosh, Van is going to turn into Harry Potter...who knows what he will come up with next. Gary had fun with Shannon and the boys yesterday. They are precious.

Melissa said...

That note is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love how creative and sweet they are.

wv. rompl

Jordan said...

Hey, look who's talking about time between posts! That drink looks yummy. Hug the boys for me. I'm working on a 2 day come home during December, and of course plan on spending it all with the fam.