Thursday, September 25, 2008

Out of breath

Did you know that as you play the bagpipes you have to use a continuous deep, deep from you gut breath. You can take breaks to do another breath, but it continues on with a deep, deep from your gut breath.
I had my secong bagpipe class - I really like it. I got my practice chanter and the reed is no good. I borrowed one of the teachers reeds and was able to make the correct sound, so now I need to find a specific brand of reed to make my chanter work right.
We practice the scale and some exercises, that seem tricky, but will be fun when I can do them. The teachers were telling us of different competitions that go on, they mentioned the world competition which is in Scotland, in August every year. I told Aaron we are going, it might be in a few years but we are going.
For those of you that do not like the sound of babpipes, well, frankly that makes me a little sad for you. (ha, ha)
Maybe some day I will hold a little concert me on the pipes Aaron on the drum?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

You have to record yourself and post it somehow. I NEED to hear you play the bagpipes. I still laugh every time I think of you puffing up your cheeks to play.

Morris Family said...

I want to see a picture of you blowing on your bagpipe. I love bagpipe music and would love to hear you play(well when you get good that is).
love ali

Melissa said...

I would be on the front row if you held a mini concert!

Sarahmanarah said...

Are you kidding me? I am so happy that you are finally going to live your dream. Way to Go!