Tuesday, September 16, 2008

sounds of the scotts

Tonight I am starting a beginning bagpipe class. I am so excited and don't really know what to expect. I hope I am not the only one in the class, I am still not real clear on how I learn to play. Do I rent bagpipes, or what? I will let you know.
We are getting ready for Van's birthday on Friday and he is so excited to be 5, YIPEE!
I am really enjoying this time of year, it is still a little hotter than I would like, but I don't think it will be long before we are cooled off. Yea.

2 comments:

Maryquilter said...

We have a neighbor who is Jordan's ago who has played the pipes for years. If you want to get in touch with him let me know. I remember when he was first learning; sounded like a wounded animal!

Kristi said...

What? Bagpipes? I do remember you loving them, but who teaches the bagpipes? It is sort of a dying art. I will be so impressed if you can play. Remember taking guitar together? It took us two days to tune a guitar. You will have to have a recital when we come to visit next.