Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pipers Piping


Well, I am not a piper yet but I am on my way. Who knows how far and how serious I am about playing the bagpipes? I did enjoy learning about them last night and I am now on a quest to find what is called a long practice chanter. Even the best of bagpipers use the practice chanter when they practice, maybe I could be semi-pro. Although I have not music reading ability the teacher said pipe players usually do not use sheet music to play, they learn just by watching and practicing. While I am waiting for my quest to end I can practice on a pencil, or pen.
Our teacher played amazing grace for us last night and said we should be able to play it by the end of class, we'll see? It is fun, and now I don't have to say "I am going to learn how to play those someday"

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I like the new layout. Does it allow for the picture thing you were trying to work out? Keep posting about the bagpipes. I think it is so funny.

Koch Clan said...

Kim, you are my idol! I totally want them played at my funeral. Rob always makes fun of me. So here's the deal. If I die before you, you play them at my funeral.

Melissa said...

Kim, You are so funny. Am I surprised you want to learn to play bagpipes? NO. Back to what I always have said, "Whatever you aspire to do... YOU do!" Good Job.
Where did you find someone to teach?