Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Perfect zoo morning


This last weekend Aaron left to go shooting at 6:00am. As I was waking up later that morning I decided I needed to take the kids to do something fun. We packed up the car and headed to the zoo. When I pulled into the parking lot there was a man directing traffic at 9:00am (that is when the zoo opens) I though "oh great it is going to be so crowded, I knew I shouldn't have come on a Saturday". So we headed in and saw there was an event for select health care going on, so once again I was thinking it was going to be a short zoo trip. Anyway as we made our way down the zoo path past the elephants, on to see if the carousel was open yet (it wasn't) we decided to walk down to look at other animals while we waited. From the kangaroo's up to the cat house, down around the giraffes we only saw 3 people, literally 3 people. I think it was my favorite zoo trip yet. All the animals were out pacing waiting for their breakfast, so we got to see all of them up close. The boys were so cute playing with each other and interacting with the animals. Hope next time is the same-luckily we have a pass so if it is not we can try another day. Melissa, sorry my trip was so successful and your wasn't. (ha, ha)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man! You really lucked out. I guess when my youngest is 2 maybe it will be easier. I'm glad you had fun.

Kristi said...

Crowds can ruin anything. It sounds like it was a great outing.

Koch Clan said...

Oh I am so jealous! Whenever we go it is totally packed. I am not sure why you can't see the words on my blog. Weird. Hopefully it fixes itself. And the banner pic on my blog was taken by rob's sister. She is amazing. Has one of those fancy 1000 dollar cameras. Beats my 4 year old elf! When are we getting together again?

Maryquilter said...

That is the cutest pic of Van and Finn on the bronze statues of animals. I love the funny things they say that you are posting. Finn is making real progress.

PVC said...

I am so glad you became a blogger...I want you to convert Nicole!
I love seeing the cute pictures of Van and Finn and read what your family is doing.
Love you
Mom